UFC 4 is the latest installment in the popular mixed martial arts (MMA) video game series. One of the most exciting elements of the game is the ability to perform various techniques, including body slams.
These moves can be devastating when executed correctly, but they can also be difficult to master.
Understanding the Body Slam
Before you can learn how to execute a body slam in UFC 4, it’s important to understand what it is. A body slam is a wrestling technique where an opponent is lifted off the ground and slammed onto their back.
In MMA, body slams are typically used to gain positional advantage or to inflict damage on an opponent.
Choosing the Right Fighter
Not all fighters in UFC 4 are capable of executing body slams. In general, fighters with a high grappling rating will be more adept at performing body slams. Some fighters to consider include Khabib Nurmagomedov, Daniel Cormier, and Randy Couture.
Setting Up the Body Slam
In order to successfully body slam your opponent in UFC 4, you’ll need to set it up properly. One of the most common ways to do this is by clinching with your opponent. Once you have your opponent in a clinch position, you can begin working on your body slam technique.
Getting into the Clinch
Getting into the clinch position can be done in a few different ways. One option is to use strikes to close the distance between you and your opponent. Once you’re close enough, you can reach out and grab your opponent’s head or body to secure the clinch.
- Throw a Jab – Throw a quick jab to get your opponent to react and put up their guard. This will create an opening for you to move in and clinch.
- Use a Double Leg Takedown – Shoot in and take your opponent down to the mat. From there, you can transition into the clinch position.
- Bait Them into Clinch – Use footwork to circle around your opponent, then throw a feint jab to get them to react. When they come forward, grab the back of their head and pull them into a clinch.
Once you’re in the clinch, you’ll have a few options for how to proceed. Some common clinching techniques include:
- Over-Under – One hand over your opponent’s shoulder and the other under their armpit. This gives you leverage to control your opponent’s body.
- Double Underhooks – Both hands under your opponent’s armpits. This technique allows you to lift your opponent up and slam them down.
- Thai Clinch – Control your opponent’s head with both hands. This technique can be used for knees and strikes, as well as body slams.
Executing the Body Slam
Once you’ve secured the clinch and have a good grip on your opponent, you can begin to execute the body slam. There are a few ways to do this, depending on the position you’re in and the technique you want to use.
The Double Leg Takedown
One effective way to body slam your opponent is by using a double-leg takedown. To do this, you’ll need to transition from the clinch to a double-leg position.
- Step in close to your opponent and secure the clinch.
- Once you have a good grip on your opponent, lower your level and shoot for their legs.
- Drive forward with your legs and lift your opponent up off the ground.
- Once you have your opponent in the air, turn your body to the side and slam them down onto the mat.
Another effective body slam technique is the suplex. This move involves lifting your opponent up and over your head, then slamming them onto their back.
- Secure the clinch with your opponent.
- With one hand on your opponent’s back and the other gripping their thigh, lift your opponent up and over your head.
- Use your hips to generate momentum and slam your opponent down onto the mat.
- You can follow up with strikes, submissions, or transitions to improve your position on the ground.
Tips for Success
In order to be successful with body slams in UFC 4, there are a few key tips to keep in mind:
- Practice Makes Perfect – Body slams can be difficult to execute at first, so it’s important to practice them until you’re comfortable with the techniques.
- Be Patient – Don’t rush into the body slam and leave yourself open for counters. Wait for the right moment to execute the move.
- Watch Your Stamina – Body slams can be taxing on your stamina, so make sure you’re not overexerting yourself and leaving yourself vulnerable.
- Set Up Your Attacks – Use strikes, feints, and footwork to set up your body slams and catch your opponents off guard.
Body slams are a powerful technique in UFC 4 and can be a great way to gain positional advantage or deal significant damage to your opponent.
By mastering the techniques and putting them into practice, you can become a formidable body slammer in the game. Remember to set up your attacks properly, be patient, and watch your stamina to increase your chances of success.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a body slam master in UFC 4.